This is my new favorite song. I hear it from time to time on the radio and nearly lose it every time. Here are the words. Martina McBride is the singer. Google to listen if you don't know it.
I post this today because Anna is so brave and strong. I already see a lot of that in her. Something that I feel I've never had and am still trying to grasp. I'm only referring to how she got her shots today, but still, what a brave little girl. Some tears and some crying, but tough, tough, tough. She had 5 in a row. FIVE NEEDLE STICKS. And then if that wasn't enough, they had to draw blood from a vein I couldn't even see to check hematocrit. The nurse was a pro, so that helped. Now she is taking a well-deserved nap. Her other stats were all in the 25-50%....weight 20 lbs 6 oz (not quite triple, but that's ok); length 29 inches; head 18.25 inches.
Yeah!
In my daughter's eyes, I am a hero.
I am strong an' wise,
And I know no fear.
But the truth is plain to see:
She was sent to rescue me,
I see who I wanna be, in my daughter's eyes.
In my daughter's eyes, everyone is equal,
Darkness turns to light,
And the world is at peace.
This miracle God gave to me,
Gives me strength when I am weak.
I find reason to believe, in my daughter's eyes.
An' when she wraps her hand around my finger,
Oh, it puts a smile in my heart.
Everything becomes a little clearer.
I realise what life is all about.
It's hangin' on when your heart has had enough;
It's givin' more when you feel like givin' up.
I've seen the light: it's in my daughter's eyes.
In my daughter's eyes, I can see the future.
A reflection of who I am,
An' what will be.
An' though she'll grow an', some day, leave:
Maybe raise a family,
When I'm gone, I hope you'll see,
How happy she made me,
For I'll be there, in my daughter's eyes.
1 comment:
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
Post a Comment