Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year's Kicks and being Kicked

So, the pediatrician wanted her to work on "two sentence" words before the next visit...things like "give me" or "hi, bye." Well, whatever. She communicates great. Tonight she got down on the floor and got out the last page of Pat the Bunny (which is where Paul and Judy wave "bye bye")....it was her signal that she was kicking us out and wanted to go to bed! Hilarious.

We get most of our humor kicks now from watching her. Since teaching her "The Shrug," this is a typical meal at the table:

Mom: "Baby, do you love your life?"
She: "shrugs"
Parents: laugh
Dad: "Baby, do you love your mama?" (He shrugs, I say "uh-huh")
Baby: "Shrugs"
Mom: "Baby, do you love your dada?" (I shrug, he says "uh-huh")
Baby: "Uh-huh"

Maybe it has to do with the seating arrangement. I think I'll work on changing that. HA HA HA

No comments: