Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Out of the mouths of babes

Tomorrow our little one is scheduled to have ear tube surgery. (Still won't be sure until we get there if they will do the surgery...the fever is gone, but she has a really bad cough) Everyone says it's a "no big deal" kind of experience, but to a mama EVERYTHING is a big deal when it comes to your child.

So, in an effort to prepare her....tonight in her bath I asked her which animals she wanted to take along with her. She spun around in her tubby, looked at me and smiled and said "Jesus."

(Jesus is her little lamb that sings Jesus Loves Me....she also has a bear with the same name)

I started to cry because I thought "how appropriate" and she doesn't even really know.

Or does she?! :)

Bathtime continued with several renditions of the song....

No comments: