Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Early morning survival!

The babe and I returned home just before 8am! (Daddy was there, too, but he left for work when we came home) She did great! Really....the anesthesiologist was the most impressed....he said she did not cry at all or let out a peep. (Made his job easy since the mask is the scariest part for most kids) The nurses loved her and thought she was so cute and funny. After the surgery, a nurse came back and asked us if her favorite word was no! She didn't want to take the Tylenol! The releasing nurse told us we were doing a great job with her. (Wow. That's more than I ever got from our first pediatrician!)

The doctor said the ears had thick fluid in them, but were not inflamed, so that means she did not have an infection today (or last week either with that weird fever). We definitely made the right decision to go ahead with this procedure.

She is running around as usual and we have already survived our first dose of ear drops together. Again, she laid down so nicely for me--her choice, on the windowsill!

The senior minister was at the surgery center before we arrived! (In time to pray with us)

I am touched and overwhelmed by the braveness (is there a correct word?) of my child. I could learn a thing or two from her, I know!

No comments: