Today was one of those "pretty good mothering" days. The kind where I feel like I did everything (almost) right. As in, there were no disciplinary moments and we both had immense fun. She was so good today. What a great day.
Admittedly, I had a pretty bad screw-up myself, though. Oh, did I.
My pint-size baking assistant and I were busy creating, for a 2nd day, Christmas cookies and lo and behold, I burned a batch. Also, not an uncommon thing in my kitchen. (I bake really well, but cookies are not my forte) I had put two batches in at once and the sugar cookies....well, they were burnt to a crisp. I mean, A CRISP. Black--on top and bottom. And so I repeatedly said "Damn." Oh horrors...Yes, it could have been worse, but then my pint-size echo repeated it. OH BOY DID I FEEL HORRIBLE. I won't share the manner in which I remedied the situation, but I hope, hope, hope the honest approach I took did the trick. It did at the time and she's pretty smart, so I hope she won't repeat it again. Bad mama, I know....*spanking*
My brilliant child can now count to eleven. Yes, 11 ! With only the aid of "S" and "S" for the numbers six and seven. I'm still not sure where she learned 11....
1 comment:
Oh, believe me, Lisa, we have ALL done that!
Post a Comment